May 24, 2022
The Color Concierge, Inc. (We/Us/Our) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits www.thecolorconcierge.com (Our Site) and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
This Policy applies to information We collect
- On Our Site.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and Our Site.
- Through the online scheduling feature on Our Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party, or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on Our Site.
This Policy may change from time to time (see Changes section below). Your continued use of Our Site after We make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under the age 18 may provide any information to or on Our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on Our Site or through any of its features, make any purchases through Our site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact Us at [email protected]
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
We collect several types of information from and about users of Our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (personal information); and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access Our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Us.
- Automatically as you navigate through Our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, Our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information We collect on or through Our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Site. This includes information provided at the time of requesting information or services from Us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us.
- Photographs you send Us pursuant to Our services.
- Your responses to quizzes on Our Site regarding your design style, or surveys that We might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through Our Site.
- Your search queries on Our Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with Our Site, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to Our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on Our Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information We collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate Our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize Our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to Our Site.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on Our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of Our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present Our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to Our Site or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support Our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Color Concierge, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Color Concierge, Inc. about Our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
To enforce or apply Our Terms and Conditions https://thecolorconcierge.com/terms-and-conditions/
- and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Our rights, property, or safety, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Users Outside of the United States
Our Website is hosted and Our services are provided in the United States and are governed by the law of the United States. At this time, We do not intend Our Site and Our services to be used by users outside the United States, and We do not market to users outside the United States. If you are accessing Our Site outside the United States, please be aware your data will be stored and transferred outside of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties.
Your Access to and Control of Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from Us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting Us via the email address or phone number given on Our Site or in this Policy:
- See what data We have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data We have about you
- Have Us delete any data We have about you.
- Express any concern you have about Our use of your data.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding Our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit CCPA PRIVACY INFO.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via Our Site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Any personal information received directly from you, such as your email address and name is handled with accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted, both during transmission and after We receive it. PLEASE BE AWARE HOWEVER, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. However, Our Site is encrypted with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Technology to provide information security.
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage Our users to be aware when they leave Our Site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Email List Subscribers
We use MailChimp, a professional secure, notable and industry-standard email marketing company that allows Us to track interaction, manage unsubscribes and access Our data for lawful compliance.
Everyone who subscribes is on this list because they opted into the list of their own accord. However, you are also free to unsubscribe (opt out) whenever you like. On the emails We send you from MailChimp, you will see a button at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe.
We work with Easy Digital Downloads to handle transactions, and they integrate with PayPal and Stripe to collect payment, and Gravity Forms to collect the color preference information that We need to fulfill Our consulting orders. We store your color preference information and your paid custom reports for a minimum of one year in Dropbox.com (a secure cloud storage service) in case you would like to retrieve the information, or if you request for Us to delete the information.
We request information from you on Our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date, security code). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill you orders. If We have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you. We do not keep any financial information such as credit cards, for Our protection and yours.
You can contact me about this privacy statement by sending an email to michelle @ the color concierge .com
Or snail mail me at my registered address:
16286 Ute Peak Way
Broomfield, CO 80023